Contemplating an upgrade to your Research Administration system can seem daunting, but it doesn't have to be when you have the right information to guide you through the exploration process.
Whether you are using manual processes with paper and email, a homegrown eRA developed and maintained in-house, or a hodge-podge of outdated vendor solutions that are cobbled together, you have likely wished for a better solution that provides a seamless, integrated experience while reducing burden on IT, faculty, and staff. As you consider the feasibility of an upgrade, learn how other institutions handled some of critical steps, such as:
- When to prioritize the replacement of your current system
- Where to begin your search
- What to look for in a replacement
- How to convince your leadership to invest in the process
Join Susan Morgan with Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, Scott Sandlin with the University of Alabama in Huntsville, Dan Perry with Utah State University and the Kuali Team on Thursday, October 21st at 10am PT / 1pm ET to learn the steps the institutions took to replace their homegrown RA solutions, including:
- The factors that triggered the institutions to begin searching for updated solutions
- Their respective processes for initiating the search, including securing department buy-in, requirements gathering, roadblocks, and more
- Vendors they evaluated in their search and the reasoning behind their selection process
- Advice for research teams considering a replacement for their current eRA in the next few years
There will be time for audience Q&A, so don't miss this chance to ask your questions.
If your schedule doesn't allow for you to join us live, go ahead and register anyway so we can send you the recording.